Spean Bridge, Fort William & Lochaber
About The Old Smiddy
The Old Smiddy lies adjacent to the Smiddy House and Russell's, our restaurant, and provides luxury self catering accommodation for 4 guests comfortably but can take 6. The accommodation layout is 1 double room on the ground floor, with 4 single beds on the upper level which is open plan.
The kitchen is fitted out in solid wood with stainless steel appliances, and includes a washer/dryer, fridge, and freezer. The bathroom comprising toilet and electric shower is located adjacent to the double bedroom.
The open plan dining room/lounge provides for cosy, relaxing evenings around the fire, with the extra facility of video and DVD player. A second TV upstairs ensures that even with a family there is plenty of space for peace and tranquillity.
The accommodation comes with central heating plus ample private car parking to the rear.
Guests have the option of catering for themselves, whilst taking advantage of the excellent food at Russellís before retiring to the privacy of their own holiday lodging.
History of The Old Smiddy
Originally built for the village blacksmith, the Old Smiddy dates back over 250 years. Right up until the 1920s, the village blacksmith played an important role at Spean Bridge, not only for the benefit of the horses but also for the locals, acting as a focal point of village life where all the latest news was exchanged.
Four Star Grading
The building has now been totally restored and refurbished to provide an interesting balance of both historical and modern architecture and design, also gaining a 4 star self catering grading from the Scottish Tourist Board. Downstairs, it still retains the old slate floors, oak beams, open fireplace and wrought iron spiral staircase leading to the modern design and refurbishment of the upper level.
£310 - £585 per week based on 2 sharing
Robert Bryson and Glen Russell
Tel: +44 (0)1397 712335